[Ansteorra] fw: Artisan's Row Gulf Wars 21

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 8 13:26:21 PST 2011

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 10:56:37 -0600
From: Juliet Hazzard <jjhazzard at gmail.com>
To: atlantia at atlantia.sca.org, meridian-ty at yahoogroups.com,
	"Shire-of-Phoenix-Glade at yahoogroups.com"
	<Shire-of-Phoenix-Glade at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [MR] Artisan's Row Gulf Wars 21

Artisan?s Row Gulf Wars 21

Greetings!

I know that it is a little early to start this but I figure better
early not late.

Although I am not the coordinator for the entire Artisan?s Row, I
would like to try and get this started since I have not seen anything
posted to date.

My name is Lady Juliana verch Hoell and I am the coordinator of the
Spinning and Weaving tent. I am starting to look for individuals that
would like to volunteer to teach this coming year.

Some of the classes that have been taught in the past have been:
Coptic naalbinding stitch
Knitting socks (Eleanor of Toledo stocking)
Flax preparation
Spinning wheels on hand for demonstration.
Drop spindles
Supported spindles
wool preparation for spinning

I am planning on including a class on the use of wool combs. I am also
planning on having 2, if not 3 spinning wheels on hand for people to
try out, plus a variety of drop spindles.

So, if you or anyone you know would like to teach; please let me know.
I can be reach at jjhazzard at gmail.com. Please make sure that Gulf Wars
is in the subject line so that it does not get deleted.  For those
that would like to sign online please go to:
http://www.gulfwars.org/activities/arts-and-sciences.html.

Or if there are classes that you would like to see please let me know
and I will see what I can do.

For those that would like to teach in other areas please go to the
Gulf Wars link and sign up as well.

Regardless if you have not taught before or you are returning I would
like to thanks everyone for their time and effort.

YIS
Lady Juliana verch How?ll
aka Juliet J Hazzard
Shire of Phoenix Glade