[Ansteorra] Am I just wrong

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 07:36:39 PST 2011

At 12:00 AM 12/10/2011, Goldweard wrote:

>So   I have been planning on building a trebuchet.    Am I just wrong
>that I want to paint eyes and wings on my ammo.

No, putting things on your ammunition has a *long* history.According to
  http://slinging.org/index.php?page=a-formidable-ancient-weapon---rean-steenkamp

"In classical Greek times, perhaps even earlier, the lead missile
appeared. The Romans used lead missiles that were cast in a foundry
and carried inscriptions. Usually the inscriptions was the number of
the slinger's army unit, the name of the county, or the name of the
commanding general. However, some missiles show interesting
variations with inscriptions like "Take that", "A Greek blow", "Your
heart for Gerberus", or simply "ouch".

         -Tivar Moondragon