[Ansteorra] Special young citizens of Ansteorra

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Tue Feb 1 15:25:08 PST 2011

I would like to comment on the special abilities of our current young citizens. Baroness Caroline of Shadow Crystal  who works with young people through out the Known world commented on the special nature of this crop of young people at the Northkeep event. They talk to you and even the littlest seem to know the courtesies.  .
 I had the joy to teach  the children a class at the Baroness' Toy Tourney  not this year but last and I was so impressed by the questions asked me. They seem to be full members of the SCA. The children came from many different regions. The class was intended for the youth of Ansteorra but they didn't show up. My class was attended by people as young as 4 and going up to eight. Now I see these children creating a feast that was one of the best feast i have ever have.
It is my hope that we won't make the same mistakes that were made with so many of our children that were born in the SCA. We need to keep track of these children and realize that when these people reach 21 many of them are OLD members of the SCA. They know how to do things and they can teach and run things.
They are not newbies.The amount of work and their years experience would have given an older person a certain amount of respect and even if they are only just adults we should take that into account and give them the respect they are due.
Yours
Duchess Willow de Wisp