[Ansteorra] Largesse gifting

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:47:52 PST 2011

I saw this on the An Tir Royalty page and I think it is a good guideline when
wanting to gift any Royals with largesse items.

Likes:

Period Jewelry (belt buckles, cloak pins, brooches, hair pins etc)
Cast or Horn Needle Cases
Metal Worked Items (Torches, cooking tools, knives, hooks, tent stakes, portable holes)
Glass Items (cups, lampworked beads)
Wood worked items (buckets, boxes, lanterns, tables, benches, combs, bowls)
Cast Tokens to give as appreciation gifts
Spindles/Card weaving kits
Silk or Wool Banners
Wool Haversack bags
Handbound leather or wood books
Hoods/ Norse Caps/ Wool Hats
Fleeces/Furs
Pottery
Wool Cloaks with embellishment
Leather Pouches
Armor/Rattan
Handwoven trim or cord
Knit or nalbinding items (mittens, socks, hats)
Spices
Fabric yardage (wool, silk, hemp, or linen only)
Handmade soaps or bath salts (no strong scents)
Strings of beads (pearls, amber, jade, jasper, horn etc. Natural materials only.)
Period games
Sewing kits
Skeins of hand spun wool, silk or linen
Bone or antler items
Small handmade toys for children

Dislikes: Please, refrain from gifting the following.

BASKETS- Their Majesties have a whole room full of baskets. Haversack bags work well to present items in.
Store bought items
Machine-made trim
canned food
food