[Ansteorra] Garb Legislation (was: Largesse gifting) *Rant warning*

troop0341 at aol.com troop0341 at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 10:46:21 PST 2011

 My Lady,
 That is a very slippery slope you are approaching... Having come from a "living history" background, I found the lack of legislation as to what I could do and what was "forbidden" refreshing... Should we tell our artisans to not bring their work if they used even a single "modern" tool or part on it? Perhaps require one to dress in the proper garb of their period and that period only? Or enact rules that make it so our warriors must fight in a style of their period only?  Many people from the LH groups I knew faded away as more and more rules were put in place. We have issues with keeping our recruiting goals as it is - should we now make it more difficult of those new to the SCA or not financially able to have a totally period correct kit?  If we start "banning" certain forms of garb, what do we ban next???
With Great Respect,     Iain