[Ansteorra] Paper

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 10:06:54 PST 2011

Not that I can particularly support this as historical practice, BUT:
think of it as a training exercise for men-at-arms and the like (if they can
be spared from wood-chopping, forge-work, road-bed preparation, etc. ...)

Oh, foo.  ANOTHER area where I need to do some research.  Questions
immediately coming to mind:
* How many advancements in paper-making were serendipitous results of things
being inadvertently added to / present in the mortar / pestle / raw
materials combination?
* How early were water- or wind-driven triphammer mills applied to the
process? Treadmill driven?
* How much of the process was done with dry materials? How much wet? Dust
suppression measures? Dust explosion potential?
* How strict were the guild controls on the process?  How tied to original
area of production were certain types & grades of paper?

Goshdarndagnabbit, I really do have other projects in progress.  MANY thanks
for adding one to the list. (Really.  Honestly.  I've got an A&S50 goal this
fits right into!)

Amra/Kihe/Mike