[Ansteorra] Paper

Deanna della Penna estencele at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 08:20:56 PST 2011

I made paper as part of a rare books class, so it wasn't concerned so
much with duplicating period techniques as it was having a general
grasp of their process.

One thing that did stand out in my memory was that with the recipe
that we used, the paper we made was very absorbent, so if you tried
writing on it, the ink would bleed and feather. You needed to size
your finished product to keep that from happening.

It would be frustrating putting all that work into handmade paper and
then your ink won't stay where you put it! :o)

Good luck!
-Deanna