[Ansteorra] Paper

Wyllow wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Wed Feb 16 20:47:39 PST 2011

Alum was definitely available throughout our time period, and I'd be surprised if they didn't use it for paper, since they were using it for fibers & leather - I think I could dig up a reference to the ancient Egyptians mining it, then the Romans, then whoever owned the mines next.

Unfortunately, most of my books are currently in Maelgwyn's house, so I can't give you the exact quote.

Willoc mac Muiredag, Dyer