[Ansteorra] Fireworks at Estrella

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Fri Feb 4 18:23:54 PST 2011

Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
>  At 05:30 PM 2/4/2011, you wrote:
>  >Question: Why _would_ you have fireworks at Estrella?
>  >
>  >SCA rules also prohibit them, IIRC.
>  >
>  >William Arwemakere
>  And doing a bit of digging, the word "fireworks" is not found
>  anywhere in Corpora or the SCA By-laws, nor in Ansteorran Kingdom
>  Law, so I don't think it's an SCA rule.

SCA Financial Policy prohibits groups from purchasing fireworks.

XIV. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
B. FIREWORKS
The purchase, ownership or sale of fireworks is prohibited.

That being said I do not believe there is a restriction of fireworks at events as long as group funds are not used in the purchase of them and all local laws are followed.

Alasdair