[Ansteorra] Paper

SBarrett barrett1 at cox.net
Wed Feb 9 12:24:07 PST 2011

And on that note - period sizing.

I've read that a simple gelatine was used, and also used a watered-down
horsehide glue. Are these correct? I'm sure Cennini says something about it,
but that book was a gift to my apprentice and I haven't had a chance to look
into it further.

I'm curious because sizing was also used when linen canvas banners were
made, before gesso was applied. Those lovely long silk standards are nice,
but the square banners were made fairly stiff - sized, gessoed, painted and
varnished.

~Finnacan