[Ansteorra] Gauging interest for a Cut Test BBQ

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Tue Feb 15 23:26:08 PST 2011

Sounds like fun, though I am not sure I can attend. Any plans for video?

I hope some of the samples involve skin and clothing so they have
experimental as well as entertainment value. :-)

BTW, anyone know what metal was being used in armor by the end of our
period? Obviously it was not tempered stainless. Is our mild steel a good
approximation of their state of the art? I know steel was in use for very
small applications but did they make it in quantities sufficient for armor?

Doré