[Ansteorra] New Gambeson Shirt Available from Zoombang

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 22 23:22:58 PST 2011

From the Atlantia list. I haven't fought in a long time, so I'm not sure of the pros and cons compared to a fabric stuffed sewn gambeson or how well this would work in SCA combat such as how well it would breath, but I never did make myself a gambeson because of the sewing part.

Stefan
----------
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:16:16 -0500
From: David Ritterskamp <jonnyb70 at hotmail.com>
To: <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>
Subject: [MR] New Gambeson Shirt Available from Zoombang

Okay, short version, I contacted Zoombang (www.zoombang.com is their website, they make athletic/law enforcement/industrial shock-absorbing gear) and told them what we do and that their shirts could use something with more coverage and would they please please please please consider it?

A week later (after some pictures and feedback) they have a shirt ready for production.

Here are the pics on my facebook site.  Best I could do for now.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=615518&id=683420306&l=b623410e89

$125 for the shirt is what they quoted me.  Looking at the rest of their line that's not unreasonable at all.

So, call them at the # indicated (Lisa @ 724 864 8440)
or email lisa.dent at zoombang.com and tell them you want the Maximum Coverage shirt.  They should know what that means.  Mine is an XXL which is supposed to hang a little loose.

Jonathan Blackbow

--------