[Ansteorra] Persona Change

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:20:06 PST 2011

At 10:00 PM 1/2/2011, you wrote:

> >> Candlemas is only a month away. One month may be a lot of lead time to
> >> you, but some people need to give more notice than that if they want
> >> time off. The earlier you get your information out there, the better
> >> the chances of people attending.
> >
> > But most of that information is already on the Ansteorran calendar website.
> > For example the date for *next* year's Candlemas is already posted, as are
> > general locations--by both SCA and mundane name--for it, and most other
> > events on the calendar. (The major exception being the location of
> > "floating" events like Crown Tourney or Queen's Champion; but the dates are
> > there.) So if someone needs a six-month lead to request time off for, say,
> > Queen's or Gothic War, or Bryn Gwlad Baronial, it's easy to find out what
> > the date is.
>
>Yes Tivar, but it's not EXACT information. The weekend is posted, but
>not the actual DATE(S) of the event. It would kinda suck to book
>Friday, Saturday and Sunday off only to find out that the event is
>Saturday only. Or conversely to book only Saturday and find out there
>is a cool torchlight tourney Friday and a neat bardic competition on
>Sunday that you really would have liked to see.
>
>All I'm requesting is that the Kingdom calendar be a bit more precise
>in the date information instead of just giving a weekend. I don't feel
>like that is too much to ask.
>
>~Eve

If you need that kind of detailed information six months out,
then--as Suvdchin suggested--ask your friends if events like
Candlemas or Twelfth Night or Gothic War are typically one-day or a
full weekend. Or--as Caelin said--contact the event steward or local
seneschal/B&B. It's pretty unlikely that the Calendar Deputy is going
to know those details.

         -Tivar Moondragon