[Ansteorra] Seeking patterned trim

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 07:28:32 PST 2011

I had a little think about this and the best idea I could come up with
was stamping fabric paint on strips of fabric. This is a documentable
method of fabric embelishment in Persia. I don't know where or when
your persona is from, but at least it can be documented to some time
in our period (can't really say the same for the plastic trim so
widely available everywhere). It will also be a lot less expensive
than custom weaving or embroidery.

You would make a strip, folded under on each side like bias tape. Cut
either on the bias or cross-grain depending how much stretch and curve
you want. This would also allow you to use a type and weight of fabric
that will better match your finished garment. I would suggest making
the stamp out of softolium (very easy to work) and stamp it using
acrylic mixed with fabric painting medium. Yeah, so acrylic is not
period, but it washes well so we all make compromises :)

Let me know if you want help with this method or would like to pay
someone to do this for you.

~Eve

Sent from my iPod