[Ansteorra] a little Saxon violence at Steppes 12th Night

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Mon Jan 3 08:25:34 PST 2011

Chivalric fighters are deep thinkers. I know that there are a lot of heavy
fighters out there wondering:

a) is there any need to bring my armor to 12th Night?
and
b) are there any upcoming opportunities to burn off those holiday pounds?
and
c) what's the most fun you can have in 81 square feet with your clothes on?

Well, do I have some news for you. I am sponsoring, in the interest of good
clean Saxon fun, what we are calling a "huscarl tournament".

Here are the basics of the rules:

The list field is a 9 foot by 9 foot square.
The weapons to be used are 4-5 foot axes.
It will be a bear pit, with a bout lost by either receiving 3 good blows or
stepping out of the ring.

Bring your axes and gauntlets if you have them. If not, weapons and
gauntlets will be available for any who wish to participate.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Dunkr Hepbjorn
King's thegn at Steppes