[Ansteorra] Getting ready for Gulf War

Zach Most clermont1348 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 16:01:16 PST 2011

Unto the Great Stellar Kingdom,
  Gulf War is coming up astoundingly soon, and I'd like to give you all a nudge
to get well prepared for it so we can all have a great time, and kick Trimaran
butt on an epic scale.  Checking your gear and getting out to practice are
pretty clear steps you can take.  Do some melees at practices and events when
you can to polish those skills.  I'd like to also encourage you to do what most
of us resolve to do this time of year: get some exercise.  Getting in a few bike
rides, a few hikes, or a few sessions at the gym in the next couple months can
mean fewer injuries, more shots per minute, faster troop movement, more
resurrections, and more fun for you at the war.  It's this kind of preparation
that makes your personal heroic tales possible.
  I'd like to specifically encourage our archers and siege engineers to come out
and play their key role in winning the castle battle.  We'll need to pour a lot
of ammunition over the walls to beat Trimaris and the influx of fighters they
normally get from Gleann Ahbann late in the week.  We need to build siege ramps
to assault the walls, and have some brave souls to charge over them.  It's a
glorious path.
  Please do what you can to support your regional generals.  This is the high
level command structure:
King Ulstead
Crown Prince (TBD)
General Sir Gaston de Clermont
    Lt General - Aethelmarc Expeditionary Forces Sir John of Severn
    Lt. General (Northern) Centurion Evangelos Thrakios
    Lt. General (Central) Centurion Fiacha the Blue
    Lt. General (Southern) Centurion Uther Blackthorne
    Lt. General (Coastal) Centurion Michael of Gravesend
If you're not sure what region you're in, or want to get more familiar with the
heraldry you should be looking for, there's a bunch of helpful stuff here:
http://armyofheroes.wetpaint.com/page/TableOfOrganization

  Wishing you all a new year filled with legendary violence,
  Gaston