[Ansteorra] Never win a bet with Hanse!

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovtsevich pookyloves at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:34:33 PST 2011

Never win a bet with Hanse!

Upon the anniversary of my birth I have received gifts, such as they are...
it is the rarest day indeed when anyone come a rap Tap TAPPING on the
chamber door of the lair of a Puktha here at the super-secret Porte of
Bacone in Eastern Ansteorra. Apparently, *someone* hired Deadnose Dick the
Scentless and his wagon to deliver a package to me stinking to the highest
heavens. I was presented with three sacks of flour coarsely ground at best,
yet with work, suitable for baking, and a keg of salted herring that even a
starving Dutchman- salty as they are- would not eat- definitely not anything
that could be favored by Ansteorran Children.  There was a note tacked to
the keg of stinky fish that reads,
*"Here are your winnings; never say Hanse doesn't pay up.  Mind the flour as
it seems a bit gravelly; if any of those curtain crawling crumb snatchers at
Winterkingdom chokes, don't blame me.  If any Bjornsborg millers or inn
keepers ask about the fish or the flour, say nothing.  Might want to burn
that barrel as soon as possible, too."    *
*The note is besmirched with mustard and signed, "Lord H".*

As has been proven often in the life of a Pooky, especially of late, I am
the worst judge of the human character imaginable. I see people in the light
of goodness their spirit might be capable of expressing... and once again I
am left holding my hopes in one hand and 3 bags of work in the other... *The
quickly written scribblings, the Dutch mustard, and the arms of Baron
Phillipe and the Barony of Bjornsborg burned into the side of the fish
barrel intimate to me these items may have not been legally obtained.* I
write you today so that all may be warned and weary and to ask the Crown for
leniency concerning "H" who most likely obtained these items illegally,
because the items still may be usable in Winterkingdom's kitchen to teach
children aspects of feast preparedness and culinary arts as planned by HE
Elisabeth de Calais.

On a personal note, I consider this transaction concluded and done.and would
mention that this "H" fellow has made Pooky sad on his birthday...
};*^ ((