[Ansteorra] Very interesting story on concussions

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 10:39:56 PST 2011

I don't know Liam... there's several times I've been hit in the head hard
enough that I got an instant headache.  Conventional wisdom is that those
are mini-concussions.  And I do remember times following those kinds of hits
where I was not mentally at 100%.  I worry about the mass of my helmet being
insufficient (mine is only about 7 lbs), and have thought about going to a
heavier helmet just to protect my noggin better.

Granted, I agree we don't need any rule changes, but as experienced
fighters, we need to watch out for all of our friends, old and new, when
they get a new helm, and make sure it has sufficient mass to keep them from
harm.

JP

Qui mieux fait, mieux vault.