[Ansteorra] York Archaelogical Trust Books Online

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 10:29:37 PST 2011

Thanks for the links Stefan, very nice books.
I find that for very large PDF file, rather than opening them online, which can
cause my system to time out (depending on settings and system), instead I right
click on the link and select the option for 'Save Target As.', then select where
I want to store the document.  Once it completed copying to my harddrive, then I
can open the PDF document on my direct system without the delays of internet
issues.   I'll probably download all of them; the first issue is running around
9 min. so far, I have 2.5 min. to go.  Once downloaded, I'll likely burn them to
DVD's, so they don't fill up my disk space.

Good luck, Hillary

________________________________

From the Lochac list.  These volumes might be interesting to many, especially
those interested in early cooking utensils. Unfortunately, the site is so slow,
or maybe overloaded because of these, that it is very, very slow. One reason I
don't know whether there is something on cooking pots or not, is that I'm still
waiting some ten minutes later, for my first PDF to finish downloading.

Another poster said "They are currently getting a salutory lesson in why
bittorrent is your friend though. The download speeds are *really* slow.", but
not being into illegal software or music downloads, I don't have or know how to
use this bittorrent.

But since my download of the PDF just failed, I may just have to learn about
it...

Stefan