[Ansteorra] Event Calendar

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 20:00:03 PST 2011

>> Candlemas is only a month away. One month may be a lot of lead time to
>> you, but some people need to give more notice than that if they want
>> time off. The earlier you get your information out there, the better
>> the chances of people attending.
>
> But most of that information is already on the Ansteorran calendar website.
> For example the date for *next* year's Candlemas is already posted, as are
> general locations--by both SCA and mundane name--for it, and most other
> events on the calendar. (The major exception being the location of
> "floating" events like Crown Tourney or Queen's Champion; but the dates are
> there.) So if someone needs a six-month lead to request time off for, say,
> Queen's or Gothic War, or Bryn Gwlad Baronial, it's easy to find out what
> the date is.

Yes Tivar, but it's not EXACT information. The weekend is posted, but
not the actual DATE(S) of the event. It would kinda suck to book
Friday, Saturday and Sunday off only to find out that the event is
Saturday only. Or conversely to book only Saturday and find out there
is a cool torchlight tourney Friday and a neat bardic competition on
Sunday that you really would have liked to see.

All I'm requesting is that the Kingdom calendar be a bit more precise
in the date information instead of just giving a weekend. I don't feel
like that is too much to ask.

~Eve