[Ansteorra] Event Calendar - Thanks

Rose rose_welch at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 12:05:47 PST 2011

Specifically in regards to the event dates vs. weekend dates:

I once saw a B&B who shall remain nameless and a populace member argue over whether or not an event was 1 day or 3 days. The B&B were going over the populace planning calendar when it came up, and the Black Star with the ad hadn't come yet, so the online calendar was all they had to go on.

Sadly, the pop member was right - the event was only 1 day, but the B&B and many pop members started planning for a 3-day event. It really isn't a huge deal, but it is related and I thought that I would share that experience.

If we were to begin to note the actual dates, as opposed to the weekend, it would not be a big change. PED events already have set dates (even 1-day PED events) and events that have to request a spot on the calendar could simply request a specific date, as opposed to a weekend.

As for the rest, I think that our calendar deputies have always done an awesome job. Every time that I've e-mailed a link to add to the calendar, or a change to be made, the task has been been completed within 24 hours of my e-mail, which is a fairly amazing turn-around time. Thanks, calendar deputies!

Rose the Obnoxious

If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime and he doesn't have to just eat fish. :)