[Ansteorra] Event Calendar

Jeffrey Clark jmclark85 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 12:14:36 PST 2011

Jay,

Let me get this straight:
*
"I think it will fail because this proposal adds a level of biraucracy to a
process that's already too cumbersome."*

But then:

*"If you want there to be a kingdom officer in charge of tracking the exact
dates for every event, then don't ask some other office with other duties to
do it; invent a new office and submit to the kingdom that you want to do
this.  If you succeed in making it work, and people become dependent on it,
then the office will continue."*

So, "don't add another layer of bureaucracy to the system, the right thing
to do is to add whole other office with new responsibilities and new
reporting requests to event stewards."

How is that not adding another level of bureaucracy?

In regards to other things.

This is the 21st century. Relying on the Black Star is an outdated mode of
communication. The Internet communications need to supplant it as the new
standard way to convey information. If you want to appeal to new members you
need to make your systems current; and to do that the kingdom should *
require* certain things of event website, and make official event websites
centralized and checked for quality of content.
*
"Remember that we are an organisation of volunteers."*

Mmhmm, and the solution is to create more positions, with *clear* and *
established* lines of authority. The administrative side of the kingdom
needs to be centralised into a clear chain of command and responsibilities;
rather than a loose collection of volunteers, each doing their own thing.

Just because we are a volunteer organisation does not justify having a
"hands off" administration policy. How would a multi-national corporation or
the national military function if their lines of authority and
responsibility as ours?