[Ansteorra] To those that would punish, torture or execute the Dutchman Hanse

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 07:41:50 PST 2011

We could put him in a Dryel bag and toss him in the dryer for half an hour.

But since that's not period, I would suggest some boiling water and soap
made of wood ash and goose fat to cut the grease (don't ask me how wood ash
and goose fat cuts through grease; it just does). Then lots and lots of
spices from the east to cover up what remains of the stench.

Just don't hurt him. He may be Dutch, but there was a time when the Empire
was not ashamed to claim Friesen as one of her duchies. We Saxons and Franks
are honor bound to look out for our poor little brothers to the west...no
matter how badly they stink and no matter how vile the atrocities they
commit.

Detlef

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 8:04 AM, David Backlin <thledrei at gmail.com> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "mikea" <mikea at mikea.ath.cx>

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!