[Ansteorra] Honest Hanse is Honor Bound

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jan 25 13:28:42 PST 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovtsevich <pookyloves at gmail.com>
wrote:
> During my multiple decades of service to Kid, Kingdom, and Crown I
> have managed to learn only one thing during the last oh my... 34
> years.
>
> That being: "It is not my place to question the Wisdom of the
> Crown."

To descend again into seriousness: I think that attitude is a failure
of service to the king and queen.  Tadhg Liath (there were giants in
the Earth in those days) said that it is sometimes the duty of a great
officer to say, "Your Majesty, this is madness".  I would extend that:
it think it is the duty of any member of the populace who believes
that the king and queen are venturing towards folly to RESPECTFULLY
and BRIEFLY point it out WITH FACTS, or opinions of it's a pure
judgment call.  I think that any good king and queen would welcome
good counsel.  And so too with a baron and baroness, or officer, or
anyone in authority in our society.  And it is especially a duty for
those of higher station to counsel those yet above them.

Danihel de Lindonio
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com