[Ansteorra] Very interesting story on concussions

Liam Gordon cenliamgordon2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 05:18:59 PST 2011

I agree that head injuries are serious business.  TBI (Traumatic Brain
Injury) is not fun to deal with, whether you have it or you have a loved one
or a friend with it.  Those in the military have more than likely been
exposed.

Personally, I do not believe that what we do in this game will cause TBI to
our heavy fighters.  Yes, we get hit in the head, a lot.  Yes sometimes
those shots are pretty hard, but between the mass of the helm, the padding
and the fact that we're not running then, bam, we all of sudden stop like we
just got tackled vie a vie a linebacker...

Well, ok, there is a Fiacha out there but he's a teddy bear, unless you're a
skinny bean pole like Ioannes Dalassenos... Just ask Ioannes the next time
you see him, he'll tell ya the story... Hehehe)

Do our armor rules need to change? No.  We just have to be more cognizant of
our selves and our bodies.  And if we feel that our own armour isn't good
enough, then change it.  Make sure that you feel safe in your own armor...
That's the key.

Liam

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:17 PM, <deddy2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> I heard this on NPR the other day. Interesting and scary.
>

> http://www.npr.org/2011/01/20/133053436/brain-injuries-haunt-football-players-years-later
>
> I know I'll look more closely at my helmet padding.
>
> Grace and Peace,
>
> Jovian

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit
materiari?