[Ansteorra] Very interesting story on concussions

Liam Gordon cenliamgordon2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:46:37 PST 2011

Jean Paul,

Fair enough...  If I remember correctly, my helms have all been fairly
stout.  The only time I've had an issue was the padding in one of my first
helms had failed.

In regards to mass weapons, I was taught early on by Earl John Peregrine
and Baron Guy LeStrange that we don't need to hit as hard with a mass or
great weapon due to the sizes and mass of the weapons.  But yet, I know that
there are folks that will go and completely blast each other...

There really isn't a right or wrong here, though.  I know the padding in my
helm surpases the standard written out in our rules and will continue doing
so.  And like you said, JP, as the experienced fighters we need to watch out
for our friends, whether they be experienced fighters or new.

Thanks for y'alls input.

Liam

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Hal Siegel <therion at therionarms.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, deddy2 at austin.rr.com wrote:
>

>> http://www.npr.org/2011/01/20/133053436/brain-injuries-haunt-football-players-years-later
>>
>> I know I'll look more closely at my helmet padding.
>>

> "Do you think you've suffered brain damage?"
>
> "I don't see any."
>

>               Hal Siegel - TherionArms
>              http://www.therionarms.com
>            http://facebook.com/TherionArms

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit
materiari?