[Ansteorra] History of Mascots?

Robert G. Ferrell rgferrell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:13:11 PST 2011

On 1/30/2011 10:57 AM, Paul DeLisle wrote:
> You're right and wrong, Robin...*First* Outlands War, IIRC...

The second was the 'Bus From Hell' trip (don't ask).

I was standing on the sidelines with squire Kein during the
Chivalry-only battle: two long ranks of death facing one another grimly.
 I raised my mug to take a sip right at "lay on" and when I brought it
back down two seconds hence every single warrior on the other side was
defeated. We bore no casualties at all. It was one of those
unforgettable moments.

Later in the "belts vs the world" town battle, the squires were
relegated to inside the hay bale "building" while the Chivalry
surrounded the perimeter.  There were probably 20 of us in there,
itching to swing a stick, and no was getting through the Chiv.  Finally
one poor sod managed to bull his way into the interior of the enclosure
and his last sight on this Earth was twenty squires with maniacal grins
and very thirsty swords.  "Pounded like a tent stake" doesn't begin to
describe the ensuing action.

Ah, those were the days.

Cynric