[Ansteorra] ISO Gulf War pack list

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 09:36:55 PST 2011

Most of the Great SCA wars have packing lists online their websites, so here is
the list that I've found to date:

Gulf War Packing list suggestions:
From Gulf Wars website:   http://www.gulfwars.org/faqs/83-faq.html
From Pennsic Wars website:  http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/GENERAL/guide.html
From Pennsic.Net website:  http://www.pennsic.net/packlist.html
From Estrella Wars website:
http://www.estrellawar.org/Portals/EstrellaWar/articles/PACK-LST.pdf

Bear in mind that the weather for Pennsic and Estrella is somewhat different,
but many of the list items will work for Gulf Wars, which has weather that is
hot, cold, wet and dry - and sometimes all in the same day.  Most experienced
campers for Gulf Wars suggest one pack with plans of wearing layers in their
costuming; such as wearing modern sweats and undershirts under your costumes.

For me, I setup a personal spreadsheet from these lists, along with columns of
'Packed it', 'Buy it', etc. to help me with my packing tasks.

Some of the items on these lists don't apply and you may need to add in some
additional items for your activities or household needs.

Then just keep up the spreadsheet year after year, as you go to war.

Cheers, Hillary