[Ansteorra] History of Mascots?

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 21:50:20 PST 2011

Another article:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2078135/the_history_of_school_mascots.html
"According to Ruth Alexander, Professor at the University of Florida,
the history, of the school mascot, began in early intercollegiate
sports. Schools needed a way to set apart their school, develop an air
of uniqueness. The very first mascots appear at Ivy League schools,
such as Yale, Harvard, and Brown."

--Perronnelle

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Casey Weed <seoseaweed at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some of the older universities have history in our time focus; does anyone
> know if the concept of a school or national mascot goes back that far?
> (Yes, I Googled it.  And I searched the Florilegium.)
>
> Has Ansteorra ever had a mascot, live, costumed, or stuffed?
>
> Sir D

Make your next move from where you actually are.  -- Frank Kuppner (1951-  )