[Ansteorra] Titles

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 08:33:38 PDT 2011

I personally like "The Right Honourable"......isn't that the style used for
barons in the United Kingdom? Not period, of course, but...

The SCA conventions for styles and titles is truly bizarre. The litmus test
for when to follow British precedent and when to follow Continental
precedent is never consistent. The SCA system just seems to have grown up on
its own. Sorting through Talmud might be less difficult.

Detlef v M. (who shares a title with sons of younger brothers of royal
dukes--and with life peers, I guess.....que???)

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 9:54 AM, John Hirling <jhirling at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Jennifer Smith <jds at randomgang.com>
> wrote:
>

> > -Emma
> > (I like 'right worshipful')
> >

>  You have my leave to address me thus.  Hmmm.  The Right Worshipful Vinson
> macFergus.  Has a nice ring to it, don'tcha think?
>
> ~ihon

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!