[Ansteorra] Crown tourney entrants?

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Fri Jul 1 05:18:35 PDT 2011

Stefan li Rous asked:

>So a ruling monarch, King or Queen, can fight in a Queen's Champion
>and/or a King's Champion Tournament? And if they win, are they then
>also the King's/Queens Champion, as well as King/Queen?

We have a tradition of the "drop-out round". When there are roughly 6-12 competitors left in Queen's Champion, the Queen calls them before the throne, explains exactly what she wants from her champion, and asks any who are not able to provide that to do her one last great service in her tournament - to stand aside so one who can perform the office as she desires can become Her champion. I assume that any King still in the list at that point would withdraw, in favor of those potential champions who can stand behind the throne in court, and defend the Queen when the King is not at the event, those being the two most common duties of the champion.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin