[Ansteorra] Titles

Danielle Jennings cle0patra.29.85 at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:10:10 PDT 2011

I second that question--what collars?

Ismet

Most likely referring to collars of state (the most famous period examples
being the collars of Esses or Ss which can be seen in Tudor portraiture) I
believe in period they were worn to signify a connection to an order or an
office, and typical had the insignia of the order prominently displayed all
around the collar or on the center piece. (I am pulling this all out of the
back reaches of my mind from an undergrad western civ. lecture so it may not
be totally correct.)
I have been playing for about two years and have never seen one being worn
in Ansteorra either by a companion or as a simple accessory, but with the
way the award charters are worded they would make logical sense and actually
an Iris collar might be really fun to make, in my mind it involves lots and
lots of pretty colored gems or seven really big ones...I might give that a
try.

Lady Pippa of Bonwicke (who just likes playing with sparklies)