[Ansteorra] Steppes Artisan

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 13:37:43 PDT 2011

Their Excellencies, Master Duncan Hepburn and Mistress Genevieve de Courtanvaux extend an Invitation to the Artisans of Ansteorra and the Known World to complete and display their works for the title of the Twenty-Fourth Artisan of the Barony of the Steppes. This competition will occur on August 20, 2011 in conjunction with the Central Regional Academy of the Rapier at the Cain Center in Athens, TX. The website is at:  http://academy.dwarfworks.com/

Artisan is a body of work competition. Participants will be limited to one standard-sized banquet table (approx 3 x 6 feet, provided by the site). Small standing display items such as dress forms and small displays tables provided by the participant will be permitted conditionally depending on space available. If you have special needs, please contact Lady Lyneya de Grey, Coordinator for this event.

Please include your modern name, SCA name, the group you are a member of, a phone number you can be reached at, and your email address as well as any specific needs you have for your display, such as electricity. Outlets may be limited so an extension cord might be something to include in what you bring with you. Other information needed is a general description of what you are displaying so that we don't put all the costumers next to one another, etc. Artisans wishing to display only are requested to note this on their registration, as well.

Registrations for this competition are now being accepted . All who wish to compete or display are requested to pre-register. Please include the following with your registration:

SCA name, mundane name, your SCA group, email address, phone number (both home and cell would be appreciated so that you can be reached while on route if need be), and any special needs that you request. These will be honored to the best of our ability, depending on space available and available facilities. Please include a brief description of your display, ie. fiber arts, costuming, woodwork, etc so that we can avoid placing you adjacent to someone with the same kind of items, if at all possible. If you are planning on entering an alcoholic entry, please let me know ASAP, as we will need to make special accommodations for this.

Please submit registrations along with any questions, etc. to:

Lyneya de Grey

sueorintx at hotmail.com

972-429-8985 (home)
972-896-1505 (cell)
please, no calls after 9 p.m.

In Service,

Lyneya de Grey
Artisan Coordinator

Well-behaved women Seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich