[Ansteorra] Ansteorra War Carts

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Tue Jul 12 12:10:04 PDT 2011

That Bryn Gwlad War Company war cart barding is great. Do you have directions or suggestions on how to make it.
Decorating your War Cart is also useful because they all look alike. Lady Cicily up here decorated hers when someone started off with hers.
If you are not into fancy needle work you can paint your arms on wooden blank and using a screw and a piece with holes attach it through the grill. Or put wooden sides the same way.
Here is a site about the painted carts of Sicily. No one is sure how long they have been painting these carts but an article I read from the National Geographic about 20 years state that the craft went back to the time of the building of the palace of Palomino.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicilian_cart
These carts are painted with scenes of the history of Sicily. It would be nice to paint some pictures of our history or your personal history.
willow