[Ansteorra] making better displays

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Thu Jul 28 14:40:04 PDT 2011

I truly agree that we need better displays at demos and even at our events.
Fighting is not just for the fighter but also for the people watch.
The A&S is not just for the artisan but also for the people.
If our championships take up most of the time at events then they are the entertainment and making them more audience friendly would make them more fun.
Part of why we  do things is getting.. the Uoos and Ahaas from the populace. Yes, everyone likes their name said in court, but seeing someone look at your work and admire it is a wonderful feeling.
I personally get that by putting my wall hangings on the wall . Right Now I am working with Lady Cicely on tables. I was blown away with Marc's picture of one of our tables.
Doing somethings creative that is enjoyed by everyone is wonderful. I love going to the different tables and looking at everything. It is like going to The state Fair and looking at the Art. It is great fun.
Mistress Willow de Wisp,OP