[Ansteorra] Titles

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:33:00 PDT 2011

At 06:02 PM 7/4/2011, you wrote:

>It's in writing. "Honorable Lord" and "Honorable Lady" are not in writing in
>the constitutions.

True, but the constitutions specifically say it's recognized
tradition, not Kingdom Law. IIRC, several years back a Star Principal
Herald tried to *make* the title "Don" law for the White Scarves
(this was before the Centurions were founded, which will give you an
idea of how long ago it was <G>) only to be overruled by the Laurel
Sovereign of Arms.

<shrug> But on the other hand, tradition can be pretty strong. If
someone were to address *me* as "Your Lordship" I'd probably look
behind me to see who they were talking to.

         -Tivar Moondragon