[Ansteorra] Crown

Rick Drake ainarm at cox.net
Thu Jul 7 14:34:27 PDT 2011

>From your Kingdom Chirurgeon.
I would like to reiterate this issue.  In the past summer Crowns we have
seen heat issues with the populace. Please keep in mind that you need to
start drinking water before you are thirsty. If you wait until you feel
thirsty you are already behind the eight ball. Symptoms of heat problems to
keep in mind are: Headache, nausea, muscle cramps, dizziness, lack of
sweating.  However if you get to the last one it is now a medical emergency
and you might be making a visit to the local emergency room to get fixed.
All these recommendations apply not only to the fighters but to the general
populace also. Just as easy to have heat issues sitting in a chair if you
are not used to being in this heat.  To the parents of small children, be
especially watchful of your small ones.  They can overheat very quickly and
go from not feeling well to medical emergency even faster than us old, out
of shape, people.
If you think you are having any indication of heat issues at the event,
please contact me or one of our chirurgeons.  But here is to hoping that all
of our chirurgeons are bored to tears this Crown.

Master Ainar Magnusson
Kingdom Chirurgeon