[Ansteorra] The odds- still time for Hanse to take your money before the violence begins

LORD Hanse lordhanse at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 04:42:11 PDT 2011

Now that Ulstead the Seventy-fifth and Ebby the Orange are off the thrones I
find myself finally at liberty to do some bus... errr... "service" to the
kingdom again.  The betting book for Crown is now, at the 11th hour, open.

Miguel de Oporto-5:1  The Mecha Duke has been summoned from Monster Island
and is feeling months and months younger than he has in tournaments past, HG
looks to put Mr. Smacky upside some heads.  And he will, too.

Ulsted the Unsteady- 10:1 Let's face it... this workhorse is plowing the
fields for someone elses crop.  But what if he never draws a "friendly"?
... old Hanse may have to play the role of Pucksatawnee Phil of Ansteorra...
see the shadow of the crown...

Aaron MacGregor- 3:1 The Order of the White Scarf have worked diligently for
10 years to get an operative in this deep.  Watch as agent "nice double
E-set" makes her play using the chip in HG's head and an xbox remote made
entirely of period materials.

Hrafn Olafsson- 4:1 He has a Men's Fitness shoot and an interview with
Harlequin Romance Novels to be the "new Fabio" this morning.  Can he make it
to the tourney on time?  Will his new fighting style integrate the 'hair
flip' smoothly?  Word has it he's going to dye it red if he wins.  Time will
tell.

Owen ap Aeddan- 10:1 Ever wonder what it might be like to fight a war
elephant?  Wonder no more... today is your day.  His Excellency will be
crushing opponents in the style of violence Wiesenfuer residents have come
to enjoy well into round three.  Tournament nemesis: the heat, and any
fighter who can back up and away for 10 minutes or longer.

Jean Paul de Sens- 8:1 HE is back in a respectable shape for this one and
will chew up some of the 'bacon' from around the kingdom.  Don't get caught
lookin porkey when there's a hungry count on the loose today.  Heeere piggie
piggie piggieeeeee....

Randall de Krieger- 20:1  Even with a conservative game we think there's too
much ham there for this much heat.  Sun wins- out in 2.

Sir Brom O`Brien- SCRATCH  Sir Brom is a scratch.  Rumors abound- all
unconfirmed- but he MAY be being held at Six Flags for trying to sneak on a
big kid ride.

Cassius Lepus- 6:1 Fat odds for the Red River Rabbit but after his last
Crown performance and adding his natural boyish charm and serpentine
cunning... he's the type of knight many want to see on the throne.  Most
likely to see Ducal privilege.  With the right draw, he's in the semi's.

Corwin Von Xanten- 20:1 Wonder Boy hasn't missed a shot in a tournament in
his entire fighting career... but 107 degrees in the panhandle doesn't
promise to keep the rest of the field calling as accurately.  Out in 2 with
trademark smiles all the way.

Asoph Hearts- 22:1 Although we don't expect to see the Black Star Bad Boy in
the finals he is the most likely to take out a big spoiler.  Mr. Smacky,
beware... this glaive is for you.

Ysfael Bryndu- 8:1 He's going to win one, and fairly soon.  But not this
one: more sophisticated offense's and range players pick him off in the
later rounds.  Beware the Smacky.  May get some Ducal love bumping him to
5:1.
.
Angus MacKnochard- 35:1 Just don't stand in front of him.

Daniel de Burdon- 12:1 Home town advantage plus redneck tenacity equals a
very good day.  107 degrees ain't nothing but a stroll in the park for the
Mean Green Killin Machine. Round 3.

John of Severn- 20:1 Solid offense.  Solid defense.  Solid footwork.  Did we
mention that it's going to be 107 freakin degrees on the field today?  Round
2 with heat as a factor.  Beware the skinny guys who just. keep. coming.

Eleanor d`Erisbey- 30:1 She's surprisingly prepared for the heat... no
wilting flower, this one.  Better odds if she fights on the retreat and
grinds em down, but we don't think that's her kind of fight.

Angus Gunn- 40:1 With all the northern heat in the tournament we predict
some head-bumping and our math says Angus (and others) are most likely to
bump into a bad local draw.

Evangelos Thrakkios- 27:1 Greek fire water pistol won't pass inspection.
Love watching this little butcher work but he's out in two by our book.

Morgan Blackdragon- 15:1  Strong style and fit enough to win in the heat...
but hungry enough for it?  We haven't seen his war face yet.

Rikr Foetipper- 30:1 Good footing and dry weather make range fighters his
bane today.

Robert de Bray- 40:1 Plenty of tournament experience but doesn't get enough
looks at top 10 fighters to be ready... and fold or flip he's in one of the
worst spots for round 1.  Tough luck

Fiacha The Blue- 20:1 The Big Damn Hero gets good odds for this one despite
his size.  The crowd will be behind him to offset the heat.  Enjoy the furry
savagery through round 3.

Cathal Finn OBriain- 35:1 Offense coming right along; defense has some
holes... and today will be all about defense.

Wayland of Durloch- 35:1 Tenacious D of the Sea... winds.  Wayland is going
to shock and rock someone this morning on the first pass; if it's a veteran
knight, they'll spend the next two backing up and avoiding him.  If it's
someone less clever... they're going to ache and bruise up nicely.

Jeanne-Marie la Verriere- 50:1 Cheer cheer CHEER for her!  First Crown
Tourney in Ansteorra!!!  And her would-be-queen may be wearing more lace
than all the other consorts put together.  Wave a hankey, Dore!

Oh, and there seems to be a few whining simperers out there CLAIMING to have
placed wagers with me from last tournament... keep your betting slips and
have em ready after.  I won't give out a single feather, much less a
chicken, sous, ducat, barony, or slightly used coronet without a slip.

Minimum bet this time is a brown egg (what with the economy and all... tough
times)

Yours,

Hanse