[Ansteorra] information needed.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 15 19:40:22 PDT 2011

On Jul 15, 2011, at 3:12 PM, Katharine Kavanaugh wrote:

> New to the list. I was wanting to get  into illumination and would
> like to know if anyone has any suggestions on books to read to begin
> with at this time.

There may be some book recommendations in this file in the SCRIBAL-
ARTS section of the Florilegium:
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/idxscribes.html

calligraphy-msg (140K) 2/ 5/08 Inks, papers, calligraphic styles.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/calligraphy-msg.html

Perhaps some of the other files in this section might also be of
interest such as:
Armenian-Ilum-art (10K) 3/ 2/06 "Armenian Illumination" by THL Anne
Georg.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/Armenian-Ilum-art.html

Beg-C-a-I-lnks (16K) 2/11/05 Links to info on beginners calligraphy
and Illumination by Dame Aoife Finn.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/Beg-C-a-I-lnks.html

callig-suppl-msg (47K) 10/15/99 Calligraphy and Illumination supplies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/callig-suppl-msg.html

Easy-Gilding-art (10K) 4/ 9/02 "Gilding Made Easy" by Master Giles de
Laval
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/Easy-Gilding-art.html

I hope these prove useful.

Stefan