[Ansteorra] Inexpensive way to learn calligraphy?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 26 18:08:40 PDT 2011

Thank you for posting this. Unfortunately the deal will expire before
I can even get it into the Florilegium.

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of these 'plastic nibs"? They're
probably much cheaper than other nibs and much easier to buy than make
out of feather quills. Do they not write as smoothly? Or maybe not a
fine as a feather quill?

Also, what is meant by an "Italic" Calligraphy set? Does that make
italic lettering easier? Does it only do italic lettering? Or is it
just a bit of useless merchandizing?

I do have this file in the SCRIBAL-ARTS section of the Florilegium,
but as you can see, it is rather short.
quills-msg (20K) 11/29/02 Making quill pens. Pen knives.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/quills-msg.html

More info, and particularly, an article on cutting quill pens would be
nice to have.

Thanks,
    Stefan

--------