[Ansteorra] How to Trap a Laurel

SBarrett barrett1 at cox.net
Wed Jul 27 18:05:35 PDT 2011

"And there are some shy Laurels.  I have met them.  But in
performance of our duties in aiding artisans to be their best, we should
never have to be lured like a mythical unicorn."
Suvdchin, OL

Umm... I'd like to point out publically to my fellow Laurels that you guys
are ruining what could be the wildest Arts & Sciences blowout the Kingdom
has ever seen!
If we convince people we need wooing, we could have full body massages while
reading docs, with champagne and quail eggs and those little toast things
with smoked salmon while artisans display their work with wet bars and
chocolate fountains and showgirls wearing nothing but feathers and jewelry
and oiled towel boys with sloppy hair and sedated monkeys wearing little SCA
outfits all dancing around suggestively like a Kafka-written nightmare when
not leading you gently to the vomitorium.

I'm not ashamed of my dreams!

: )

Anyway, all joking aside, yes, most of us became Laurels because we geek out
on the very things artisans are working on - we can't help but pay
attention, most of the time.

Her Grace Willow was honestly trying to lend a helping hand, give a few
pointers to those who have never displayed before, but she was trying to
help, not declare Commandments. If your table has just your favorite
drinking mug and your art on it, we will stop by.

Shame though,... everything is better with monkeys.