[Ansteorra] Questions regarding slings & Tavern Fights

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Fri Jul 29 10:48:14 PDT 2011

greetings

sorry , I feel I must expose the image this post brought to mind: )

( oh before anyone screams,  this is a joke. )

an sca legal " sling"

all cords must be incased in at least 1.5 inch thick foam to prevent
unauthorized helm entry, then wrapped in fiberglass tape to prevent things
like armor and shields damaging the foam, no compression of the foam is
allowed, and the cords may not be used as a striking surface.
the sling pouch shall have a semi rigid 2 inch wide by 2 inch thick foam
anti penetration device so as to prevent unauthorized helm entry , again
then wrapped in fiberglass strapping tape to protect the foam from
damage.and the sling pouch may not be used as a striking surface.
ammo: all ammo shall be confined to regulation size marshmallows,wrapped in
1.5 inch foam , with no compression to the marshmallow allowed, then wrapped
in fiberglass strapping tape to protect the foam.
addendum to weapons use restrictions, ammo may not be used if outside temp
is more than 50 deg f. to prevent marshmallow from melting , " excessive "
temps could in theory cause the marshmallow to melt, allowing unauthorized
messy armor, and possible unauthorized helm entry .

for those with a restricted sense of humor :
" the above description is in no way a description of an even semi legal sca
weapon , please see your local knight marshal for a more complete listing of
weapons both banned and usable "
however this is most likely a close approximation of what would be passed "
if " it ever was passed , so you can see it would no longer be a sling once
all the safety items were added : (

Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur