[Ansteorra] How to Trap a Laurel

Richard Culver rbculver at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 29 14:58:43 PDT 2011

________________________________
From: "willowdewisp at juno.com" <willowdewisp at juno.com>
To: rbculver at sbcglobal.net; ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org

One of the reasons I believe that we need different forms of judging is that all areas do not fit into the box the judging forms make.
What is the end product of your research? Do you have articles on the subject. pieces to perform or written pieces?
willow

[Wihtric]  The end product is simply greater understanding, but for something more specific, my studies on charters and writs would serve as an extra resource for those design new scrolls for awards and more so for custom scroll for peers with similar personas, as there are particular patterns to A-S charter wording.  Some of the writ examples would provide good models for how a king gives an award at an event where they are not at but baronial brass are in the position to give it, for example, common in writs which often come with or act as charters, a crown would write, using current Ansteorran crown as example,"Lochlann [sometimes title is entered] does greet his thegn, Duncan, at Steppes...."

As to article, I have not yet found a manner I feel I can expand upon.  I translate mostly for linguistic reasons, with literary being the secondary scope of he work.  Most of the pieces worth performing are too long, even the "short" section of them, for most people to want to listen to for very long, or they are increbily short and show not show the appropriate skill.  It is a hard one to work out.I have written small things in Old English, such as hymn to heathen gods, but I do not have the inspiration these days that I did then.  I do not go to wars so writing of the valor of our fighters is hard just via video.

Gódspéde!

Wihtric