[Ansteorra] Flails (was: Questions regarding slings & Tavern Fights)

John Reuter jareuter1066 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 30 07:05:33 PDT 2011

I liked it. The period weapon that was actually used in war and in lists was a whole different style of fight. Even though shield work did slow it down, the head could still impact the fighter if the shield was held to close to the body. The flail was more versatile than people gave it credit for. I want to make two more like Count Romanius' just to have an equal weapon for opponents to play with.  Unofficially that is. I wish Ansteorra could have it as a weapon. Set another FIRST in our society.

Brian.  :)

Sent from my iPhone