[Ansteorra] Flails (was: Questions regarding slings & Tavern Fights)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 30 14:50:35 PDT 2011

Is there a paper on this particular "SCA" flail? Directions on
building one? Perhaps the actual submission paper, if there was one?
Any videos of it being used? or diagrams or photos of this flail?

Even though it didn't get approved (this time), it would be
instructive to have such material and perhaps someone can figure out
how to make it acceptable for SCA use or use this as a starting point
in the future. It also has usefulness as a bit of SCA history.

I think those that are more interested in medieval weapons and
fighting than simply winning in the SCA sport of combat might be
interested in this. It sounds like it would affect some fighting
styles, just as allowing shots below the knee would.

I would be interested in any of these items for inclusion in the
COMBAT section of the Florilegium.

Thanks,
   Stefan

--------