[Ansteorra] Ansteorra] for archers

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Wed Jun 8 14:26:03 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 04:19:03PM -0500, Dave W wrote:
> I'm thinking that if it delaminated, it wasn't a 'great' bow.... just saying
> ;)

Could well have been great in many, if not all, other respects. My first
Really Good Bow was in fact a great Damon-Howatt recurve. It delaminated
after 20+ years of use -- starting at the lower tip, which got closed in
a car door; it wasn't the bow's fault, but mine. I shortened it to remove
the delaminated part, and a corresponding amount on the upper limb, and
re-tillered it, but it just wasn't the same afterward.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO