[Ansteorra] Movie Demo opportunities

sirburke at cox.net sirburke at cox.net
Tue Jun 28 09:53:16 PDT 2011

Discussions on where we can recruit new members lately have reminded me that we (the SCA) use to do movie demos.  We sometimes would do a full demo (fighting in parking lot with display tables in lobby) and at other times just provided eye candy (ie were in garb and act in persona).  Either way it was a chance to get us in front of the public eye (and usually a free ticket to see the show).  With that in mind I have looked at the movie coming out over the next few months and list them here for information.  Each group would have to contact thier local theather to work out arangments.

Sir Burke

Ironclad - July 8th
The Plot: In 13th-century England, a small group of Knights Templar fight to defend Rochester Castle against the tyrannical King John (Paul Giamatti).

Conan the Barbarian - August 19

The Three Musketeers - October 19