[Ansteorra] period kings and gambling

Pat Mullins paedrics at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 15:10:53 PDT 2011

Seems to me I have seen several references to Queen Elizabeth playing cards...

I expect Royalty probably did gamble.

The Jews were the main moneylenders for much of our time. They often loaned money to kings, and were sometimes repaid with pograms and expulsions (not just a 20th century phenomenon)

Paedric