[Ansteorra] Hickery Bow

David J. Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Thu Jun 30 22:20:55 PDT 2011

On 6/30/2011 9:22 PM, Baronman at aol.com wrote:

> just recieved my VERY OLD hand made hickory 6 foot long bow and was
> wondering the proper procedure to make the wood subtle again.  I am  thinking
> about soaking the wood but am not sure if it is the proper thing to do  to get
> this marvelous bow firing again.
> Bors

Best instructions I've found, you could use this as a starting point.
http://www.ehow.com/how_7463202_restore-old-long-bow.html

David Gallowglass  Benjamin Franklin never wrote or said "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Dr. Franklin was, however, a wine drinker, and he wrote--

   " We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy. The miracle in question was only performed to hasten the operation, under circumstances of present necessity, which required it". --Letter to Abb� Morellet (1779)