[Ansteorra] Authorization Advice

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:55:39 PST 2011

I just wanted to throw out there, that when you are authorizing, the most
self-interested  (wisest?) course of action would be the following:

1) You, the person, go download an authorization form from
http://marshal.ansteorra.org/armored
2) Fill out all of your information
3) Go to the event/practice/official meeting with the form
4) Authorize, and get the authorizing marshal to sign the form
5) KEEP THE FORM, and photocopy or scan the form, and then send it in the
the marshallate secretary.

While there is an impulse to ask the authorizing marshal to get the form to
the Marshallate secretary, in my experience you will have a quicker return
from the MS if you take the responsibility of getting it there.  While our
authorizing marshals work very diligently and conscientiously, *their* life
my get in the way of *your* authorization card arriving.

I personally try to remove such chances when I can.

Jean Paul, former Earl Marshal.

Qui mieux fait, mieux vault.